Monday, August 31, 2009

My Neighborhood is Better Than Yours



Conversations overheard recently:

(1) Woman on the phone: Yes, we finally moved out of Whittier. Yes, yes, we're in La Habra now. Well, actually, we're in La Habra Heights. (It's my guess, from the tone of the woman's voice, that La Habra Heights is better than plain ol' La Habra.) =)

(2) First woman: Well, we looked in South Pasadena because everyone said we should. But, it's not what I expected. It's kind of dumpy. I am really going to hate leaving PV (Palos Verdes).

Second woman: Yeah, I agree. I don't think I could ever leave PV. I guess you can check out San Marino?

First woman: Yeah, I guess. San Marino is no Palos Verdes, but at least it's 100x better than South Pasadena.

__________________________
Overhearing these two conversations confirmed to me that it's never ENOUGH.